We currently offer major refit services from our main base at Nanny Cay Marina & Boat Yard, and from our partner facilities in New England.
Particulars of a few of the refits we have undertaken are:
2001 Nordhavn 57
B&G’s most extensive refit to date included:
- Solving persistent drive train vibration issue through installation of Aquadrive system.
- Solving persistent electrolysis issue.
- Modifications to dry exhaust stack for main engine to keep it from blowing black smoke on start-up and collecting water.
- Installation of Maretron system to monitor several systems, including the engines, bilge pumps, water flow on the shaft tube, fuel tank levels, vacuum pressure in the Racor filters, presence of any water in the fuel, exhaust temperature, and engine room temperature. This system was also tied with the Airmar sensors to monitor wind speed, barometric pressure and the vessel’s pitch and roll.
- Modifications to seating in, and adding a table to, the flybridge area.
- Commissioning an aluminum center-console AB RIB and customizing crane and davit systems to it.
- Custom interior cabinet modifications to fit owner’s intended use.
1962 Abeking & Rasmussen 57' steel ketch.
Originally purchased for a small crewed charter operation, Veritas underwent an extensive makeover over the course of 4 years. The initial project list included a complete re-finishing of the interior including all soft goods, replacement of the entire electrical system including all wires and breaker panels, installation of a new generator and new electronics, replacement of the original Mercedes Benz engine with a new Volvo engine, together with all new running gear, the design and implementation of an air conditioning system and the addition of a multimedia center to the existing cabinetry. Later in the refit period, the original teak deck was carefully removed, a new plywood and epoxy sub-deck installed and the original planks re-laid. New mizzen mast was built from Sitka spruce and main mast was renewed to like new condition.
1999 Freedom 40.
With Elevtheria's owners interested in a general updating of their yacht, this project list included removing all riggings, fairing and painting of the carbon fiber mast, repairs and modifications to the aluminum boom, including new paint, re-wiring of the mast, install of a new water maker, refrigeration system, high output alternator and battery monitoring system with additional battery capacity and replacing the cabin sole and re-bedding all deck hardware and port lights.
S/V Dances With Whales
1989 Freedom 39.
In preparation for sale, Dances' interior has been completely re-finished with new varnish, upholstery and light fixtures. Additionally, her electrical and mechanical systems have been fully serviced (including the shore powered air conditioning system) and auto-pilot and GPS installed. New shore power battery charger and externally regulated alternator fitted, new stack packs installed, new bimini and front enclosure were also installed.